SocialGuide Intelligence (SGI) is an enterprise data solution that allows networks, and brands to harness the power of social TV. SGI is the only social TV data analytics and audience engagement platform in the marketplace.
Through an exclusive agreement between Nielsen and Twitter, SocialGuide is playing an active role in developing the upcoming Nielsen "Twitter TV Rating", which will build on SocialGuide's audience engagement analytics platform and will be released in Fall 2013. For more information, read the press release.
We're unique in the social TV space in that our company DNA is equal parts technology and TV. As a result, we realize that the value of social TV information does not lie in numbers and graphs alone - it is also about the quality of the audience and what they are saying about your programming.
- Measure: SGI tracks the daily, weekly and monthly social activity for over 249 channels, every program aired.
- Listen: SGI surfaces the most popular comments from your audience and allows second by second tracking for every episode.
- Engage: SGI is the only product that allows you to identify and engage with the key influencers in your linear social TV audience.
For a demo and to set up a FREE evaluation of SGI please contact us.
Our Capture Approach
For 3+ years we have been developing our Intelligent Social Recognition System (ISRS). The ISRS captures the social activity around the linear broadcast for every program aired across 249 of the most popular broadcast and cable channels in the United States. We capture the social TV activity within a specific window tied to its linear air: three hours before, during and three hours after airtime (i.e. a +3/-3 capture window). This is when the greatest activity and relevance occurs.
In order to meet the vast scale of television transmission our ISRS uses program type specific natural language rule sets to dynamically generate a series of unique keyword and keyword phrases for every program, capturing a baseline of relevant social activity in real time.
In addition, our team of social TV producers augments these keywords and keyword phrases to capture the full social lexicon of a TV program. Our producers are experts in the evolving language of the social television audience and most importantly, they are huge fans of TV. We believe this dual approach of a smart technology and smart editorial process is the best approach for capturing the largest body of the most relevant social activity for television.
Data SourcesAt SocialGuide we use the following data sources to power SGI. We find these to be the only essential data sources necessary to accurately measure the vast majority of publicly available social TV activity.
- Tribune Media Services - Tribune Media Services' trusted TV data informs our ISRS of what's on TV, on every TV system, across every time zone in the US. As a result, we are able to capture the social activity for TV for every program and program type aired.
- Twitter - Twitter is the dominant public social TV platform and the vast majority of all social TV activity that is public is generated on Twitter. As a result, SGI is focused exclusively on measuring the Twitter TV audience.